About the proposed 440 apartments and 65,000 sq ft of commercial space proposed for the corner of San Fernando Mission and Woodley Ave:
The December 6th meeting with the developer has been postponed. There is no new date yet.
Summary: A developer has submitted plans to demolish everything at that corner except the Taco Bell, and instead build a mixed-use development
- Stores on the bottom floor (about 65,000 sq ft) and 440 rental apartments.
- About ⅓ will be studios, ⅓ 1-bedroom, the rest 2-bdrm. The studios will be about 560 sq ft, just very slightly bigger than a two-car garage.
- Each of the studios and 1-bdr will have only one parking space.
- There will be some units for Very Low Income housing.
- Buildings vary from 3 to 4 floors – nothing like it in Granada Hills.
- Main driveway for the apartments will be right next to JFK High School.
Many of your neighbors are organizing against this proposal, and a series of neighborhood meetings has already taken place.
Next meeting: Granada Hills North Neighborhood Council (GHNNC), Tuesday December 6, at 6:30 PM at St Euphrasia school at the corner of Shoshone and Mayerling. 17637 Mayerling St, 91344. Parking from Shoshone side.
Connect with your neighbors, and consider joining Next Door (it’s free), which helps neighbors talk to neighbors. www.nextdoor.com.